Tuesday, August 18, 2009

To shave! pussy cat!

Camp was a blast I guess.. but seriously I think without the likes of Harold and Kumar there won't be much of a fun! HAHA!

And to think that Harold even went to my grand dad's house to read tahlil with my family. Although I must say it seems a bit odd to bring a friend, but his my best friend, so I guess that will do.

I came across an opportunity when Mr Faizal of Mendaki came to give us a talk on Mendaki. Although it is not the first time im listening to Mendaki's programme, nor its the first time im hearing people enquiring about Mendaki's loan programmes and even *ahem ahem* its rather edgy criterias. But rather, im interested on the fact that it gave me just the idea to initiate something.

I was hoping I could work out two major initiatives that I deemed to be my long term projects:

1) Create a platform where passionate Malay volunteering leaders are trained to be good volunteer leaders to carry out and spread the knowledge of volunteerism to the community. I envisioned myself as the forerunners who brought the understanding of the purpose of knowledge as a holistic approach to solve the problems in our Malay community. Henceforth, in order to do so, we must create a breed of volunteers trained to inspire, develop, and nurture more leaders. Thus, a focused project that focuses primarily on the development of volunteer leaders would certainly inject 'quality' rather than 'quantity'.

2) Create a blueprint in which Muslims can manifest upon the 'RAHMATIL LIL ALAMIN' fund that was created recently by MUIS. Perhaps there could exist a linking bridge between the donated funds of RLA and the zakat recipients of FISABILILLAH and RIQAB. Insya'allah, further research would be carried out to identify the availability of such linkage. This is definitely helpful, as with increase of funds on these platform, perhaps there could exist a common platform for a 'Knowledge Fund' which is for every Muslim who wishes to pursue knowledge. It is important on my personal note, to have such a commodity for the Muslims in Singapore, to achieve the objectives of an ummah of excellance.

What I am basically referring to, is yes, the understanding or perhaps, the foundations of knowledge itself. The importance of knowledge in a community can be heard almost everywhere in the Muslim Worldview -from the first Surah that mentions, 'Read', through various biblical sources both quranic or hadith, to the enormity of philosophical theologies of education. However, much to our dismay, it is from that lack of understanding of the importance of knowledge that has brought about calamatic droughts to our already broken ummah. It was saddening to see many Malay/Muslin families still suffering with debts, broken societal bonds, and many other detailed rapture that has created an aura of negativity around the Malay/Muslim community here. It is upon this stereotype, or should I clearly define it as, a common stigma, that I see imperative to be discussed on an intellectual level, and act upon as such.

The importance of the understanding of knowledge can be broken down into a few major parts:

1) the influencing power of knowledge and its effects on the community
2) akhlak as a tool to master the powers of knowledge
3) the differentiation of knowledge (Western Ideas v/s Islamic Worldview) and how it is already influencing us and how it can influence
4) the relevance in understanding the importance of knowledge

It is only then, can I justify a story that was shared to me by someone.



THE LION AND THE PIG

The pig, having given birth to many piglings, decided to approach the lion who was taking a nap under a tree. The pig awakened the lion with an arrogant snort, "What are you doing Lion? Look at me, I have a lot of children! So one day I can rule this Island with it."

The Lion, truly oblivious with the pig's presence, merely murmured, "Look at my two sons. They are warriors."


Moral of the story?

Quality v/s Quantity. You give it a thought. :)


PS: Im still laughing at how Harold threw those balloons at him. Goodness, what pure brute and anger. HAHAHAHAHAHA! marah nampak? marah nampak? :p

and aku tak nak tgk G.I Joe. Merepek jer. Maner ade pompuan HOT masok army. Tengok dia pegang pistol jer cam seram, takot2 tertembak diri sendiri HAHAHA!

Now for some rock n' roll..

No comments: