Friday, October 30, 2009

Parting friend

I was in a grief mood.

Finally my track shoe who has served me very well for almost 5 years drew its last breath as I was preparing for yet another solitude journey to the darkness.

It was a heartbreaking moment for me.

I mean, it was like how the Strawhat Pirates had to part with Going Merry by burning the ship as it sailed silently after much adventures together due to a unforgiving damage sustained.

So I took the sole of the shoe, carved out the names that I myself etched upon its rubber surface, put it inside my pocket, and I ran.

Went past Teck Whye, bypass the SCDF building, onwards towards my old school at Hong Kah Primary School, stood there at the fence and ponder for a bit, before running at the whole stretch to Jurong, make a right turn to Chinese Garden and stop over to the lake.

It doesn't feel nice running with my army shoe- its kinda abit too tight and my feet feels like it is in some Nazi gas chamber or something.


It was nice to feel free again. And I know, my beloved shoe had to pass. I mean, all creations have 'fanaq' characteristics right? What is created is destroyed.

Thank you, my trusted friend, for that awesome mental 5 years of running. You made me realise that freedom is entrusted upon self, as long as you have the guts to wear them, and take off.

You taught me how to fly, when I feel desperately low.

See you in strawberry fields man. Love ya holmes.


Oasis- Im Outta Time

If I have to go..
In my heart you grow..
And that's where you belong.

Absolutely mental, 5 years. Im gonna run with you, just you and me, like old times, on the strawberry fields, past the Halloween bush, through the rainbow peels, and off to the Gate. :)

No comments: