Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time Lapse Videography of the Universe

The Mountain from Terje Sorgjerd on Vimeo.


It is interesting to ponder how feeble all of us are when we look at the sky.

I used to have this weird habit of placing my feet on the sky, only to feel scared afterwards. The thought of the sheer amount of space left on the balls of my feet would shake the living 24-year-old lights out of me.

Looking at the Milky Way, and the way the clouds swim like the waves crashing on rocks clearly signifies the realm that we live in are truly spectacular for those who think and reflect on how small we are- minuscule compared to the Universe. A tiny explosion of supernova near our solar system would probably sent us all to Level 7 Chernobyl disaster part 3.

If I were to smoke pipe and stare at the Milky Way, would I see strawberry fields?

No comments: