Monday, February 23, 2009

Beautiful people.

Its been a very long time since I've updated myself.

Last week my best friend Hasan Azhari left Singapore to study in Australia. So I and Taufik sent him there. It was a good sending off moment, for I met my army buddies Din and Izhar. We had to catch up with life since the last time I saw them was at the NSmen Army Briefing. Although Hasan's dad insist on sending me back home since we are neighbours, I excused myself. What more can I ask for than a restoration of friendship ties?

Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who is desirous that his means of sustenance(rezki) should be expanded for him or his age may be lengthened, should join the tie of relationship.

I felt enlightened. This week I have been catching up on very old friends. I get to have a late supper with Din and Izhar at Tampines Mall before going to Taufik's house to sleepover. I must admit his family was very kind to me. And omg, his house was like a king's house la, though he did mentioned that the maintainence of it is really painful haha. I slept at 4am, after talking and gossiping and laughing with him, and watched Russell Peters till I slept. I laughed till I slept sey. Haha. It was really great to catch up with him, really. After all, he is my bestfriend right?

After that, a couple of days later, at around 3omin to ending my job, Kamarul and Fariz Bai came to visit me. I was freaking shock! Haha. They waited for me to finish, and we went straight to Lido to catch Slumdog Millionaire. That's not all- we took a taxi to Mustafa and went shopping haha! Merepek sey. It was great beiong myself in front of them, after all, they are my best buddies in secondary school right?

Wanpee paid me a visit under my block a few days back. He showed me his bike, we catched up on alot of things, before bidding him farewell, looking at his apek helmet and nice sleek green bike. Haha. Wanpee will always be wanpee.

A few days back too, I met up with the IRAS geng, only a few of them, for the rest God didn't will them to come. At first Im supposed to meet up with Wanpee and Taha to go to Singapore Flyer. Skali si bengap tu buble (i mean wanpee). I was in the bus 700 sey. I wanted to freak out, but well, it happened, so might as well forget about it. Had to drop off sumwhere to change 3 busses to get my ass back to AYE.

We met up with Faiza and Taha first. Actually to be in detail, I and Faiza were absolutely lost! How the duck am I suppose to find a tiny man like Taha in the pool of human beings in VivoCity? We found him in this shop called Built-A-Bear.

I swear the concept of the whole shop, the identity, purpose, image, role, principle, essence etc.. It was unique! Usually you'd see shops that sell bears. How often you see shops that make bears? and you can even customized your bear, wear it clothes of your preferences, and even have a brith certificate? of course, such luxury meant big spending- he spend 70 bucks on a stupid bear for his one yearold niece. Talk about love is blind. Haha!

We met a grumpy-looking woman called Fana after that. Hehe.

She went from Ms Grumpy to Ms Im-Going-to-EXPLODE when it was still drizzling at Sentosa. But like I say, if God meant it to be our day, there is always a ray of sun. It was a miracle. Over at Siloso Beach, it was drizzling. But at Palawan, it was sunny!! Haha! How cool is that?!

It was the best IRAS gathering I ever had.. We talked, laughed, joked, all when the sun was setting. And the weather was fine and the clouds so blue. And the breeze was playing. Omg. I got to play my guitar for the first time along a beach hehe. It was fantastic.


Conclusion?

Happiness can also be generated by the people around you.

Sometimes I wonder if I should lead a hermit life. Away from people and their problems.

But I have discovered something that became a life-shifting moment in my life. I have discovered my role in this world, in this society, in this family, in this country that I was born into.

I was meant to help people. And only with that can I achieve that silent peace in my heart.

Beautiful.

Like this song.

Who put the weight of the world on my shoulders?
Who put the lies in the truth that you sold us?

Lost behind a silver screen
are all the things you could've been to us

So don't try to fuck up my head with your problems
I'm just tryin' to fix up my bed in the doldrums

Lost behind a silver screen
are all the things you could've been in Love and Life soooooo

(Chorus)
Help me out my friend
My head just started to hurt
I don't pretend
I've got all of the time in the world
So now she's gone
all alone in her own universe
I still walk on
'Til I hold you within my world

Help me out my friend
My head just started to hurt
I won't pretend
I've got all of the time in the world
So now she's gone
all alone in her own universe
I still walk on
'Til I hold you within my world

Who put the weight of the world on my shoulders?
Who put the lies in the truth that you sold us?

I'll post some pictures of it later when I'm free. Right now, Im hungry.

PS: Naira... What a beautiful name. For a beautiful woman that is. ;)






And because of this I am beginning to love the beach. :)

I came across this weird sign at the outram park interchange with Faiza. I thought at first the people in charge of manning the displays in the MRT station where clearly not doing their job. I have seen such stupidity at my workplace- how the japanese market translated japanese into english, and how the grammar was all over the place if you know what I mean, and they were displayed almost everywhere in the shop.

JOO KOON???!?!

Sounds like Joe Koon, the Bravo Spec from 4SIR. At a fleeting moment I thought he actually WERE in charge of this nonsense.

Good thing I read the newspaper about the opening of two stations after Boon Lay. Hehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup! I agree.. Naira is a beautiful name.. ;) Thanks for always being around for me Haz..