Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How people embrace ideas?

I was keen to discuss this topic due to a series of events that have unfolded. It could be a mere misunderstanding. However, I am not persuasive enough to accept the fact that people are not willing to accept their mistakes and furthermore, dig in further to reemphasize their stand on the issue. If the idea is challenging, be it rational or intellectual, it is highly considerable to accept it. But if there is a lot of emotional sentiments on both sides, I must beg to change the air.

Is it ego that drives human's emotional memory mad? Or is it simply the tough nature of survivability that creates a cloud of emotional and rational air, mixed, intertwined, and undesirably, flawed?

I was merely pointing out the relevance of watching an English game. I was pointing out how bad Man Utd played against Fulham, where I thought they should have played way better. I could also point out, how bad Arsenal play during the first half against Hull City. The point is, the objective of the issue is not about Man Utd solely, but rather, the anthropology of the game itself. Meaning to say, the variables are the teams that are playing, and the constants are the game itself. Take Arsenal as X, and Hull City as Y.

Arsenal plays a weak role in the first half, only picking at the second half with the likes of Samir Nasri pushing the game forward.

X = kY, where K is a constant.

I was merely addressing the 'K' and not the variables. Try read the comments again and again.

One point to note, the use of the word 'always' is an overstatement. If it were to be 'always', it bears a probability of 90%, almost less 10% stating that I fail to do so.

Is there so many occasions where I and Harold missed the gathering? Is there a 90% chance that I miss the gathering?

And is there 90% chance of the gathering conducted on my leave? I dun think so. I can think of several events that was made during my after work, and even so, the gatherings are held occasionally on weekends where everyone is not working.

And there is an irony among the comments. One of them noted that 'its tiring to plan and gets canceled'. Yes I agree. It was almost as tiring as how you cancelled the supposedly board game event that I was anxious to go after work standing almost 8 HOURS serving customers.

Why the over reaction? Why the sudden outburst of emotions? I believe it has come to the tantamounting point where all the truth is laid upon the wasteland. If that is indeed, your perception on me, on how I keep rebuting your ides, then I will not rebute it anymore.

I deem you not fitting enough to withstand a good intellectual conversation, as how you told me you are. The problem is, you cannot see yourself losing. You cannot shrug off that mindset of yours, to accept new ideas and concept. You cannot lose this feeling of always winning. You cannot accept criticism. You cannot argue your way out of situations. You think you are always right.

Well, I got critisized so much, the same person that noted the irony once asked me how could I withstand all of that pressure.

Simply because, I know deep in my heart im not perfect. I was indeed a jerk when I left Shasha clueless to her toes about the relationship. I was indeed the manifestation of idiocry when many of her friends cursed and befouled at me. I could have say fuck off. But I didn't simply because there are truths among the curses.

The problem with people is that, they cannot accept a change. And if they don't start accepting them, including me, we will never be good muslims. I stand affirm, unswayed, by my decision that it was not my fault that caused the occasion to be cancelled. I mentioned, I was ok with anything, I did not want to decide, the last occasion it was me who decided, so I think it is ok to push the decisions to another party.

It was not my fault. The occassion was called off immediately when you mentioned Fana had other plans. At that moment, you were disappointed. I remember saying, it looks like God does not wish for us to meet.

Why must you be so serious in the EPL matches? Do you gain anything worth your life if you support Man Utd? Do you gain wealth? What you gain is a mere happiness generated by electric impulses in our brain. So why must you take the game so seriously? If you are so devoted in it, it is better to devote yourself to things that are more relevant like, Palestine Israel Conflict? Things that carry reality. So again, why so serious in your devotion? Is it, fanaticism?

I am publicly apologising for everything. I seek to understand and engage. That's all. If it were to be like this, I am sorry, I will back out. I view you as the one woman that has the aptitude to engage in philosophy. A lot of women I met, are undeniably, superficial compare to your thoughts of the world, and thus, I have high regards for you, to an extend I invited you to my small quiet Maulidur Rasul at my home with close friends and relatives, an invitation of less than 30 people, for I treat you almost as close as a sister. You are indeed, a replica of me in your philosophical thoughts, and I learnt alot from you. You were there when know one else was. And I will remember this for the rest of my life.

Do know that I do all this because I am your dear friend. Best of luck.

Wasalam.

PS: University application all complete. Now to relax and continue texting. Hehe. :p

No comments: