Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hallows v/s Horcruxes


I finished reading all 10 books including my fav Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, not to mention the thick book my dad gave it to me called, "Tasawuf and Science" as material resource for my students. Frankly speaking, its really tough and stressful to be in front of many mu'allafs that are of different background, each having their own questions. They are like small children- curious about the religion that bore on them. However, few would make my mind go fuzzy with difficult questions like, "How do you explain Muhammad's ascend to God with respect to Science?" and "If Muhammad is ascending, then is God above us? If that's the case, then who guards the bottom?" It is in such that I find difficulties, especially when it involves the metaphysics of it. One wrong answer, and poof! I'll be questioned by Him at thereafter. Haha!

Good thing I have dad to help me out. He taught me alot. Especially how he views God and us. And how far are we from Him. Distance, in this situation, would then be defined as our knowledge of Him. Sometimes when my students asked too much questions about the Omnipotent One, especially the metaphysical perspective, I would point the question back at them. Who are we to know the secrets of God, when we are sinned? It is thus, imperative, to look into ourselves and then try and find the essence of God in us.

I find completing the Harry Potter series an ambitous attempt to seek the philosophical value of it. I always question myself, the Horcruxes, the Deathly Hallows, Love and Hate, all a mere hidden symbols to what we define as life. A person splits his soul into 7 different beings to gain immortality? How about we view it in this manner? A person splits his soul into 7 different negative characters in his quest to gain perfection? So let's then discuss the 7 evil beings.

1) Anger
2) Jelousy
3) Love for the Earthly Pleasures
4) Riya' -proud in action
5) Takkabur- making comparisons between us and people
6) Love for Complimentaion
7) Boastful

These characteristic would surely split our soul and make us evil, unworthy of God.

However, it is said that the Deathly Hallows, 3 remarkable magical items, can destroy the Horcruxes. How about we say, 3 remarkable characteristics that can help us in understanding and embracing God.

1) Iman - Faith
2) Islam - Syari'ah
3) Ikhsan - Love and empathy

Thus, with these hallows, one can surely surpass the advent of evil sparked in our hearts.

I know this may sound weird, but, let's just say, in every idea, there is a hidden code of God. It can either unite us, or simply break us. :)

Enough of values.

I remember texting my Yoko about eloping. I told her, "I just feel like kidnapping you right now and run away to explore life that awaits us."

She replied, "Well, that'll be the most craziest thing we'd gonna do."

Love is a curiously crazy little potion, I must say..

SWEET! :D

No comments: