Tuesday, June 09, 2009

a question.

An excerpt from a novel yet to be published, "The Rose, the Angel, and Me."


I tried to place myself in a world without fear, without pain, and an alarming piece of jigsaw from a time without space nor gateway to relinquish the evil of men.

And as I sat in that dimension, eyes shut so tight, lips sealed like a kiss of death, I saw a green meadow with a garden of fresh fluer de liu, rasberries and morning dews. The trees were covered with Sundus of great mellow.

I opened my eyes and asked the Angel, who was staring at me with that alluring eyes of hers.

"Is it true that every men who yearns the pandora box of life must go through a path of solitude?"

The Angel, despite the unclear sky of doubt that was hovering above us, took my heart from that space and asked me," What does your heart says?"

I looked at the heart that was beating with a rythmn of relentless serenity. It was sparkling. I hold the beating heart close to my ear and asked, "What is the answer?"

The heart kept beating. There wasn't an answer.

Impatient, I asked the Angel again, "Is it true, that every.."

The Angel interrupted me with a smile.

"If you are not ready for an answer, then let it be. Just continue to close your eyes. And let it be. Just continue to walk. And let it be. Just continue to embrace. And let it be. Just continue to love. And let it be."

I chuckled at the last statement.

She took my hand and shook it.

"What was that for?", I asked.

She smiled, almost like a silent whisper,"Love is a mystery. Up on the silver screen. All in good time."

~~~

I pondered at her words as I saw the Angel blew the clouds of doubts away that grew storms of discontent.

All in good time.

Then I knew.

And so I prayed, arms wide open.

"Oh Lord of the Universe, have mercy, and give me the patience to seek the answers."

It is not until then, that I knew, it was not up to me to decide upon the questions, nor put judgement on the actions of what I desire. It was never up to me, nor people, not even the Angel. It was just Him. The Omnipotent One.


I think I am not ready. But my heart says differently. I leave it to God to make that decision. :)


Marry me Juliet.

No comments: