Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Post-Aj Idol

Suddenly i got the urge to share my experience what actually happened during the AJ IDOL finals, hahaha, walaupon ader dari setengah golongan yg akan berkata, "eh, cerita basi lar mat"
Namun, akan ku sekali lagi bentangkan kisah sejarah yg tidak akan dilupai oleh Batch 04/05 di Maktab Rendah Anderson.

___________________________________________________________________


"Ey haz, Talentime 2005 forms are out! New theme summore, guess wad..? Wooo, AJ IDOL sae..!!"

Dat was wad my fren Willie Keng said on a Thursday morning. I was like, damn excited lar. I immediately fall into dreamland (not sleeping lar!) where i was imagining things like, me on stage, crowds cheering on, the hype, the energy, the feeling... WOOSH!! I nearly wet myself, haha.

I signed up of cos. Got thru the auditions with my rendition of "EVERYTHING I DO, I DO IT FOR YOU" by Brian Adams. My band chose "STAND BY ME" by Oasis, but seriously, i do not htink dat song suits my ehm, 'SEXY' voice (as told by MR QUEK, the IDOL judge) hahaha!

Nxt stop, AJ IDOL Semifinals. 9 contestants. 5 bands. All in a nite to remember. And i clearly remember this one.

A farking thing went wrong backstage. There was a technical error in which my song, "EVERYDAY I LOVE YOU" by Boyzone, couldnt be altered in a way to decrease its pitch (alah, tinggi sgt lagu dier tu, tkkan nk nyanyi cam karton betol tk? muahahaha). So ya, i was damn frustrated and nervous. But i pulled thru, and was siang2 crowned THE AJ IDOL. I even caused this gurl to jump on her feet, hahaha.

After that day, ppl start whispering and watching me (haha, cam ader sikit exageration pat sini. Tapi betol ar, tk perasan jubor!). As usual, im a humble and low profile person larh, so buat bodoh je. But it was hype, in a way. I got the attention i needed, hahaha. And ya, dere's dis JC1 gurl, lawa jugak, budak cine, ajak gua kluar mat! Jadik ar, tapi dier blanja, bukan aku! Haha, aku blanja air je, hahaha, kedekut. Tapi kawan2 je.

Finals are up. I cudnt find the ryte song. I was busy with my sickness, my hmwork, my band and stuff liddat. Yg menjadi sial tu mak bapak aku tk agree aku masok in the first place. Sial je. (Tapi lepas aku dah menang bawak balik hp doghang tediam plak, hahaha, padan muke).

I chose the one wrong song. I SWEAR. Wad made it worst was the karaoke version pekak nk mati siot, and with not enuf practice, i knew the outcome.

The day finally came. Ms Sabariah stated her support and wished me the best. To buat aku happy sejenak siot, maner tk, asek kene marah je, out in the blue hell she say, "Go Haz!" Hahaha, i've charmed my way thru yet again!

Aku bwk 3 pasang baju siot. Satu hanger baju skola, lagi satu coat aku ngan baju putih aku pat dlm. Another one is the denim jacket with a white tee. Berat beb.

Pukol 4.30pm menandakan its time for me to get ready. I wore all my gears and went for a make-up session with the sponsors. Amek photoshoot, pastu dah kene get ready. I swear, seriously, budak CARREN tu (tk salah aku namer dier gitu ar, haha, budak finalist ar) lawa giler. Padahal she look so like nerd with and 'e'. Nerdlike, but inside beauty menunggu, haha. Aku dah cam begegar iman aku, hahahahaha, if u noe wad i mean.

Aku dah start nervous, despite my bandmates and friends' encouragement, i just cudnt handle the fact that im really gonna get screwed that day.

Video feed live was on, i was featured from the nexus to the auditorium, where hundreds whistled and shouted and screamed when the saw me live. I like biase, sengih dan senyum jelar.

Dah nervous giler. After Azra's performance, she told me that the feedback tkleh dgr. Aku dah cam siak. How to hear myself???? How to hear myself singing with the KARAOKE??? dah mcm nak terberak aku dibuatnyer.

My turn. I sang. I knew i blew it. I put my fans down. It was disappoinitng.

Despite support from frens to go on, i cudnt bring myself. I knew it was over.

Yet sumone's smile cheered me up. You know who u are, alah, malular nk ckp namer hahaha. Saje je nk kasi suspens.

Den i told myself, cum on haz, show them u are the AJ Idol.

So my band was up next. We chose, "DROPS OF JUPITER" by TRAIN, which perfectly fits my genre and voice.

I wanted a new entrance. This time, i came from the crowd. Ppl were like, "Where's haz? Where's the singer???"

Suddenly buat magic lar aku hahaha. Nxt David Copperfield. Aku bukak suare je semue cheer. Sedap plak tu. Hahaha.

Skali dah syok, pasal nyanyi live band pe, so iwas with the rythm. THIS TIME I CAN HEAR MYSELF.

I sang my hearts out. I didn't care bout my sore throat which continually bleed blood here and then. I just sang with my heart.

And it really pleased the people.

I was even invited to play for this band for a gig which is on 17 June, cuz they are recruiting new talents.

I was told by Mr Quek, " The old Hazlami is back. Not with a flu, but with the AJ IDOL title"

Aku dah high, cam kene rasuk hahahaha.

My last performance was the I DREAM song by TAUFIK BATISAH, with the other finalist. After that, the results were announced.

When the announced Carren as the winner of the singing category, iwas really disapointed wif myself lar.

Nxt was the band cat. The host was playing the drum rolls.. and.. they shouted..

"THE CHAMPAGNES!!!" AKu dah snap! Hahaha. Kiter, all six of us, hugged each other with a thin film of tear in our eyes. The joy in our hearts, dat long hours of jamming, it was all worth it. We are THE CHAMPIONS!!! We got 100 voucher Swensen, 120 voucher Popular CD rama, 6 shirts, watches and caps. Hahaha. Not to forget, the trophy. My face was glistening with pride and joy.

Nxt was the AJ IDOL title. The all-rounder performer, the best prizes of all. I was closing my eyes, and wishing it was sum other finalist, not me, but deep in my heart i prayed i won.

"AND YOUR FIRST EVER AJ IDOL IS..."

When a name was announced, i cudnt hear anything. People were screaming. The audi nearly collapsed. My frens were hugging me. Ryan was congragulating me. Was it me????

"YOUR AJ IDOL, remember guys and gurls, his name is HAZLAMI!!"

I was shocked shit. Tears were already rolling down my cheek. It was a title worth fighting for. My dream came true that nite. And i sang I DREAM alone as a grand finale, with balloons and glitters, camera shots and screams, all for one title, one dr3am, one Idol.

Hahaha, nie part tak exaggerate. Haha, i got a bunch of flowers, not one, not two, but a dozen!!

Sygnyer, aku buang semuernyer hohoho. Sori ar beb, berat lar.

The gurl from the external band came forward to congragulate me, she was so chio!! she gave her number, whle smiling, and say ples do cum on th 17 June.

Akan ku pergi beb hahahaha. Mungkin tk nyanyi ar, tapi pegi je amek experience.

Aku balik ngan tk glamour langsung, ngan beg skola yg berat, a few flowers (i threw them after that) ngan suit cover aku yg telah koyak . Siot je.

But, it was a nite to remember. Till dis very moment, org ckp, hey IDOL!, gurls whispering, and smiling, ppl smiling, frens smiling, im smiling. Hoho, mcm mimpi gitu.

But still, with or without fame and fortune, insyaAllh, haz tetap haz, tk berubah perangai. Tetap budak selenge selekeh yg asek bebual merepek dan berkhayalan. Hahaha, jiwang pon tetap bersemadi beb.

Klah, ader mldds meeting now.

Peace.

No comments: