Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Yeah
I know sometimes things may not always make sense to you right now
But hey, what DID always tell you?
Straighten up little soldier
Stiffen up that upper lip
What you crying about?
You got me

HAZ I know you miss your life and I know you miss your smile
When its gone
but I'm trying to give you the happiness that I never had
I can see you're sad, even when you smile, even when you laugh
I can see it in your eyes, deep inside you want to cry
Cuz you're scared,
I ain't there?
im always with you in your prayers
No more crying, wipe them tears
Angels here, no more nightmares
We gon' pull together through it, we gon' do it
Ur papa's crazy, aint he? Yeah but he loves you boy and you better know it
We're all we got in this world
When it spins, when it swirls
When it whirls, when it twirls
A string of beautiful pearls
Lookin' dazzling, in amaze
I know it's confusing you
People always on the move, f*ckers always on the shoes
I try to keep you sheltered from it but somehow it seems
The harder that I try to do that, the more it backfires on me
All the things growing up his Angels that he had to see
I don't want you to see but you see just as much as he did
We did not plan it to be this way, the Lord and me
But things have gotten so bad in Life I don't see us ever being happy ever again
Like we used to be when it was not there
But then of course everything always happens for a reason
I guess it was never meant to be
But it's just something we have no control over and that's what destiny is
But no more worries, rest your head and go to sleep
Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream

Now hush little haz, don't you cry, Everything's gonna be alright
Stiffen that upper lip up little soldier, i told ya
Your Angel's here to hold ya through the night
I know its not here right now and we don't know why
We feel how we feel inside
It may seem a little crazy, my lil Hazlami
But I promise you're gonna be alright

It's funny
I remember back four years when it was so happy
We use to play and fight and eat and play
and it wasn't that scary
Cuz everything was perfect.
Cuz everything was like a shoe rack
Like lil nike shoes placed nicely on the doorway.
Cuz everything was like a dream.See ppl never bothered,
And it was like flying robin in the clouds.
And at the time every dream that we sleep in
Either kept gettin joyness, or more
Or lil children running along.
and your family was not bothered by tight winds and ethopia is yet near not far.
Tryna start a beautiful life so you could laugh and smile.
Almost had a pure heart, till someone broke in and stole it
And I know it hurt so bad it broke your little heart
And it seemed like everything was just startin' to fall apart
Lotsa ppl were arguin' a lot so you moved back
On the Chalmers in the flat one bedroom apartment
And dey moved back to the other side of Hell's Gate.
And that's when you went to see me,with your hanky, and met me,
And flew you and hanky out to see me
But you had to study, ppl started leaving.
Then you started seeing 'him' on the TV, and you didn't like it
And you and hanky were to young to understand it
Pain came like a rollin' stone, pain was just a starting crap
And it all happened too fast for either one of us to grab it
I'm just sorry you were there and had to witness it first hand
Cuz all I ever wanted to do was just make you happy
Now you're sittin in this empty house, just reminiscing
Lookin' at your baby pictures, it just trips me out
To see how much you have grown, it's almost like the time's running out
Wow, guess you pretty much are
and im still here
Hanky I'm talkin' to you too, Angels are still here
I like the sound of that, yeah
It's got a ring to it don't it?
Shh, the pain will go for a moment

[Chorus]

And if you ask me too
Im gonna buy you a mockingbird
I'mma give you the world
I'mma buy a diamond ring for you
I'mma sing for you
I'll do anything for you to see you smile
And if that mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine
I'mma break that birdies neck
I'd go back to the jewler who sold it to ya
And make him eat every carat don't fuck and dread (haha)

No comments: