Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"If one does not attach himself to people and desire, never shall his heart be broken. But then, does he ever truly live?" -Forbidden Kingdom

I watch this movie on Sunday. And as I made my way back home from teaching tuition, thinking about that quote, I came across a horrifying scene. A dead snail the size of a human palm sprawled silently on the steps in a mess of sorts- gore liquid and cracked shells.

I wonder what makes the snail deserve such tragedy. Is it cuz he is stupid enuf to try crossing the steps but fail to recognize the high chances of it getting step by some ignorant human? Or is it goes to show that when you try to reach something that is far, you have a high chance of getting yourself 'killed'- meaning that your passion dies off just like THAT!

Woa.. Strange..

So I was terribly disturbed by it, and with the quote hanging loose in my head, I was swimming in the dumps.

So I took a rest at the bench below my block and had a deep thought about it.

The question is, "..does he ever truly live?"

Desires are elements by nature. The desire to eat, to sleep. Its a way in which the brain reaches to the body to get the necessary elements to make it 'alive'.

And it is a norm to have such earthly attachments to earthly desires.

But the desire to have dreams, does a person 'live' if he unhatched himself from having goals and aspirations?

But what if he tries hard but in the process, he fails, and there ends the aspirations and dreams?

Does it kill you inside?

Still pondering.

With work and shit, it'll be much harder for me to think. Now.

Hate work. :D

No comments: