Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Japanese mania

Just after making the previous post, perhaps God is listening to my woes of not having much of an interesting week, interesting events began to unfold the past two days.

Let me tell you the story.

It was 7.55pm, and I was at the arrival hall, filling up the empty space with the CUP/NETS promotion guy, waiting for any SAYONARA shopping groups to make an entrance. I was talking, as usual, to the promoter, a nice casual chinese guy, about MIOplan and the conspiracy of how I can actually take over DFS much to his amusement, when two sad-looking nervous-wrecking pretty-smelling jap girls came up to me. As per normal, I greet them.

"Konbanwa!", I said with a smile on my face. My smile was exceptional there, they say over at DFS that my smile is baby-like, and even the General Manager noticed it and was talking abt it to my Manager.

They smiled, and then they say in japanese, I cannot decipher much of it, but I try to understand what they are trying to say. They say something about how they got left by the group, and they showed me their tour schedule, and they wrote bits of english words like, PROBLEM, PLANE, 2355HRS, LOST, SCARED, MISS.

So I was like, ok. Calm down, I promise I help. So I made a lot of calls. Called their HIS agent, and I was referred to many agents, but at last I called my so-called 'girlfriend' Ms Lincy Kwan, a 35yearold Jap Tour Agent who was willing to look up to HQ to search their name.

They were in luck. And so HIS is picking them up at DFS at nine pm.

Haha, so I told them in Jap, like this,"I guess Superman has saved you. They picking you up at nine."

They were so happy, and I even offered them to carry their luggage to the luggage counter, and asked them to collect their bag at nine.

So feeling satisfied helping a customer, I went to GST counter, following my time table.

I sat there alone, thinking of how I should do more, to make my service better. Perhaps communication is at lack. And thus I made a vital promise to myself to take up Japanese Language as the next language, putting aside Arab.

And suddenly, I saw them walking towards me, and they say they were looking for me, and they bought me a box of Godiva chocolates. How sweet! and so I say la, "Beautiful girls from heaven come to give me a gift. So nice."

They introduced themselves, Mika Yamauchi and Satoko Shimada. Both are living in Tokyo, Japan. And they offered me to come to Japan to hang out with them. They gave me their email address, and asked me to email them, keep in touch. And the best part of all, Mika gave me a fleeting kiss!

Goodness, in RAMADHAN?! Bergegar iman aku. But I knew it was just a friendly one. So when they are about to leave, I bid them farewell, and Mika say something in broken English, like, Thank you, I love you.

Hahahahaha. I don't think they really understand the context of that phrase in Singapore.

But nevertheless.
As you can see, I intentionally covered the writings of dear Mika's email add and her friend. And yesterday I also receive a bunch of goody Japanese sweet snacks from another Japanese girl. Hahaha. What a life. I am beginning to enjoy this work.


Im soo going to Tokyo. Next year dude!

Oh shit, baby Arfan is crying. Gotta go!

Look at his big juicy yummy voluptuous cheeks! hehehe..

No comments: