Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Condolences

My neighbour's dad just passed away peacefully yesterday morning.

I miss that uncle who always says hello to me whenever im leaving to school.

The look on the children's faces. That empty void.

As I attended his wake, and closed my eyes to pay my respects, I realized two things:

1) We always take for granted the things that we have, only to regret them when the person that we care dies. Its a kind of loss (khusr), or utter loss, where you have so many things to say, but death does not permit you to say it, and thus, you are rendered in utter loss and loneliness.

2) Cancer is like a warning letter to say that your passport is near expiring date. Once you receive it, it will usually be at stage 4, and you will know where you will stand, and make preparations for death.

And all around me, their relatives and close friends cried in grief and remorse.

My time will come one day as well.

Guess I am outta time.

No comments: